The Vibration Dampener is designed to reduce the shock and vibration impacted upon expensive MWD strings, while allowing the MWD tools to function inside the evolved drilling program.
As a shock and vibration dampener, it reduces the impact of destructive energy on the MWD tool. Axial shock and vibration are reduced by a factor of 7 to 10 (~65% downhole), and lateral shock and vibration are reduced by a factor of 5 to 7 (~50% downhole).
- Lubricated anti-rotational and compression chambers isolated from sands/solids with sealing features
- Infusion hardening, instead of coating or plating, to provide extended life cycles and smooth dampening action
- Complete service in less than one hour
- Proven results from the harshest environments
- Protects the entire MWD string: pulser, gamma, directional module, and batteries
- Double-acting dampening on compression and extension